We were home and starting lunch before Jackson got back from VBS. To look at Greg you'd never know that he just had open heart surgery. He is doing remarkably well, still needs to rest and is on lifting/driving restriction for another 5 weeks. However; having been through this surgery before, it is almost night/day the difference in how quickly he is back to himself.
It is so great to be HOME! The kids are happy to have their daddy home and I know while there are moments of crazy around here, it is better for Greg to have them around while he recovers then to be alone in the hospital.
Thank you for covering our children in prayer throughout this experience. Jackson has matured so much since the surgery two years ago and is able to articulate better with words what he is thinking and feeling. One night when I was getting him ready for bed he asked, "How many more times does Daddy have to have surgery...?" I assured him that it would be a very long time before we would need to discuss surgery again. Jackson then followed up by stating, "like when he's 100!" I agreed that waiting that long would be great with me. And each night he prayed for Greg to get stronger and come home.
We are blessed! I just don't know how else to say it or express the gratitude we both feel by the support, prayers, calls, and texts from all of the amazing people that have been put into our lives. Our family, friends, Everett's teachers, the Ryan house staff, our life group, our church, our neighbors and Greg's co-workers. All have checked in on us ready to address any needs that may arise. We are blessed! Thank you!
| This pillow was made by Everett and the Ryan House staff as a recovery pillow for Greg. Look at those heart feet - my boy is growing! |
No comments:
Post a Comment