Monday, June 3, 2013

Good things....


If I were asked a week ago to share three good things - I likely would have hesitated to find the good.  What a difference prayer makes!  All the stress and worry I had last week melted away - a praise for sure!  Today I have nothing but GOOD to share.  Little God moments everywhere I turn.  Pulling into the hospital today I heard "Every Good Thing" by the Afters and the lyrics couldn't be any more true.  These lyrics in particular stood out:


There will be days that give me more than I can take 
But I know that You always make beauty from my heartache 
Don't wanna forget or take for granted 
That it's a beautiful life we live 

It's our family, it's our friends 
It's the feeling that I get when I see my children smile 
You're the reason for this life, everything we love ...

- The Afters 

So today was filled with GOOD and I was reminded that this beautiful life I have is a gift from God - some of those reminders include:

* Started my day off with an upbeat and positive text from Greg.
* Shared cuddle time with Jackson and Ellie before heading back to the hospital.
* Greg's chest tube was being taken out just as I arrived.
* I made it back to the hospital in time for morning rounds.
* Greg and I had our regular Monday afternoon "lunch date" in the hospital cafe.
* Picked up Everett today and he got to visit Daddy - he was full of smiles and kisses.
* Jackson started vacation bible school today and was super excited.
* Feeling overly blessed by our family and friends.
* Greg will be discharged tomorrow.
* In less than 24 hours I will have my family back under one roof.

Feeling excited, thankful, exhausted and ready for our summer norm to begin.  It will be a bit slower paced and not filled with vacations, but a time to enjoy my family, spend time with my kids and love on my husband as he heals.




No comments:

Post a Comment