Tuesday, January 27, 2009

BIG Milestones for the Stoner boys

The past two weeks have been filled with some big changes for Jackson and Everett.

Milestone # 1: Jackson's Big Boy Bed

I'll start with Jackson. Upon turning 2 he's become much more independent and is now talking in complete sentences and likes to repeat anything he hears (so beware)! Greg and I sometimes look at him and just wonder when he became such a big boy. Just before his 2nd birthday, Greg and I finally found a bedroom set we liked for his room. Greg and Jackson got to work putting the bed together and then mommy just couldn't pass up the opportunity to sneak a picture that first night.



So yes, my little baby is now sleeping in his own big boy bed. It makes me excited and sad to see him growing up and changing. I am cherishing these days because I know the day will come when he does not want to come and "Cuddle" with Mommy early in the morning. There really is no better way to wake up then having your little one come to your bedside and say, "Mommy, want to cuddle?"

Milestone #2 Jackson goes Potty

I must admit and I know Greg will agree that this next milestone was one of the most exciting events ever. While giving the boys a bath, Greg often lets Jackson run around naked until he's done getting Everett all dressed. This particular night Jackson said, "Daddy, I go potty" so Greg told him to go ahead and sit on his little potty. Normally he will go sit and simulate the experience, but does not actually go potty. But as I came up to help Greg, Jackson said, "Mommy, I go potty" and when I went to check on him he indeed did go! Immediately Greg and I made a big deal of the event and called all his Grandparents so that Jackson could tell them he went potty. He actually just kept pointing to the potty saying, "look" as if you can see through the phone. We're definately not potty trained yet, but the joy on his face each time he goes is absolutely precious. He'll run around the house and yell, "I did it!"






Milestone # 3 Everett Eats Solids

At our pulmonologist visit last week the doctor thought it would be good for Everett to begin eating some solids (vegetables and fruit). So after a chat with the nutritionist we were cleared to begin solids. This was HUGE for lots of reasons: it meant that the doctor was no longer worried about his transition with foods, he's growing wonderully, and we were to begin and introduce solids just like you would with any child. It was nice to start something normal! For his first experience he ate sweet potatoes and from the pictures below he certainly enjoyed them.


2 comments:

  1. Way to go boys keep up the GREAT work and Jackson YOU CAN DO IT !!!! Great to hear about all these first.... Love and Prayers Always, Aimee, Matt & Kids

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Jackson in the big boy bed and going potty, and hooray for Everett eating solids! :)

    ReplyDelete