Wednesday, December 30, 2009

On my list of resolutions...

...to update the family blog more frequently!

Christmas week was fun, great, busy and we're still recovering (at least I am). We decided to join the Nolde's this year on the annual trip to Flagstaff and Sedona. The snow was wonderful and great for our Arizona children to see. They did not last terribly long, but long enough to sleigh and help make a "Frosty". One thing we discovered on our trip was that Jackson is extremely warm blooded. He kept telling us that he was "hot" and wanted to shed some layers. We laughed because both Greg and I were quite cold!

"Daddy, my cheeks are COLD!"


"More, more, more..."

"What is this stuff?"

Once we were done playing in the snow it was time to head down to Sedona. We chose to take the scenic route through Oak Creek Canyon. Usually this is a great idea when you're not driving through a snow storm. Let's just say I was more scared than ever in a car and I kept asking Greg about the safety features on our SUV. Eventually we got passed the worst part and I was able to breath long enough to snap some photos.

This is Freddie the magic elf who showed up in our car the morning we left. He's sitting on the GPS which shows the route we took through the snow from Flagstaff to Sedona. This visual is for those of you who have never been on the scenic route through Oak Creek Canyon.
That's Bill and family in front of us.


It snowed all through the night and we awoke to these views the next morning in Sedona.




It was a really great trip and wonderful way to relax and prepare for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment