Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Back at Phoenix Children's Hospital

Yes, we are back for a short stay at PCH! I know many of you are interested to hear an update of our weekend in LA, but I will get to that later.

Right now Everett is resting peacefully after a very long day of testing and doctors. As I mentioned in our last post Everett has been regressing for some time now and we've spent the past few months undergoing numerous tests to determine the possible cause. All of that basically led to us meeting with a neurologist yesterday and an emergent EEG today. Based upon his symptoms and my observations there was a neurologist monitoring the results of the EEG during the test. Within the first 15 minutes of the test the neurologist was able to identify and diagnose Everett with Infantile Spasms (a type of seizure). We have been admitted so that medication can be started and he can be monitored for 24-48 hours.

With tomorrow being the National Day of Prayer I thought I would ask all of you to keep Everett in your prayers. It's been a long road and we are starting to put the puzzle pieces together however with each piece more questions arise. Please pray specifically that he takes well to the medication, begins to show signs of progression and that it will not be long before I see my little boy smile again. As we know more I will keep you updated.

4 comments:

  1. Definitely will be praying! I hope so much that the medicine helps to reverse his regression. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura,

    My heart goes out to you. I will pray that he adjusts well to the medication, that this treatment will be the first step in the right direction, and that you'll see your sweet boy smiling and progressively developing again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura- Glad you guys are back! I've missed seeing you! I will continue to pray for Everett. Any chance we will see you on Monday?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, We will keep Everett and your entire family in our thoughts and prayers. I pray that Everett is comfortable and that the medication works for him. We're going through some very similar issues with Lorenzo right now (he's at St. Joe's), so I especially pray that both boys can be healthy enough to go home soon - what a wonderful Mother's Day gift that would be

    ReplyDelete