So it was another BEAUTIFUL day here in AZ - temps were in the mid-high 70's and there was a great breeze. Knowing what's to come in just a few months I could not pass up the opportunity to fully enjoy this weather and so with 2 sleeping children I decided to go shopping at the San Tan mall (an outdoor mall for those of you who live out of town).
Anyway, back to the title "You know you're getting older when..." you walk into American Eagle looking to buy something for yourself and you're greeted by a teenager who gives you one look and says, "Hi how are you today Mam?" If I were still living in the South I would take this as a compliment, but out West I am sure she was thinking something along the lines of "Wow, she's got 2 kids, a double stroller and can barely manuver around the store. Maybe she's trying to buy a gift for someone."
Just a silly little story.
Right there with you. Then I just tell myself that all the sales girls are thinking "I hope I'm as cool as she is when I'm old." Doesn't always make me feel that much better... ;)
ReplyDelete