Greg has had a known heart murmur, but it has never been considered something to be concerned about. Turns out that his mitral valve has prolapsed. Tomorrow morning at 7:30am (Phoenix time) Greg will undergo surgery to hopefully repair his mitral valve, in the event that it's not repairable it will then be replaced. Greg's hope is for a repair, but we are going to have to place it both in the hands of the surgeon and the Lord. The surgery will likely last 5-6 hours so there won't be much of an update until later tomorrow or in the evening.
We would ask that you keep Greg in prayer tomorrow as undergoes surgery and also petition on his behalf for a full recovery.
Our boys are doing well. My sister, Kim, is moving in the Stoner house tonight to take over my job as MOM. My in-laws are also on their way to come and help take care of things for the next several weeks. We are so BLESSED by family!
I will try to update once we know more tomorrow. Thank you to all who are currently working behind the scenes to make sure everything is set up and arranged for our return home from the hospital.
In our thoughts and prayer. Laura I know I am not in AZ but if you need anything, please I would do anything I can to help. Greg has been in my prayers since I heard last week. Keep strong ! I will be watching for your next post. Love You All,
ReplyDeleteAimee
Thank you for the post Laura, I will be praying for all of you!! Keep us posted.
ReplyDeleteMy prayers are with you all. XOXOXOXO
ReplyDeleteLove,
Liz
wow...we are praying at The Grove! Please let us know anyway we can help!
ReplyDeleteLaura, our thoughts and prayers and with you, Greg and the boys. I pray that the Lord will guide the surgeon's hands, and that He will keep you all in his protective embrace. If there is anything I can do, in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me.
ReplyDeleteVeronica, Renzo & the Castillo family
We have been praying everyday for everyone.
ReplyDeleteBe strong and courageous. Do not be terrified,do not be discouraged,for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.( Joshua 1:9 )
Hauser Family