Tuesday, June 9, 2009

An Answer to Prayer...

For months I've struggled with just how to pray for Everett. There have been my daily prayers for stength and wisdom, but when he was diagnosed with infintile spasms I knew what my prayer had to be. Knowing that God will never give Greg and I more than we can handle at any given moment, I asked the Lord to please just let me see my son smile again.


I know he listened to my prayer because this is what I captured on Sunday night:












But Everett did not stop there. I got his pj's on and he decided to really show off some skills:


This is the Everett we have not seen since December! It appears that he is indeed regaining the skills that have regressed over the past 6 months and we could not be more elated. As his physical therapist commented yesterday, "Everett is Back". Everett worked so hard for her yesterday that it just made her week. I hope these pictures also bring a little joy to your week. It sure is bringing joy and praise to ours.

5 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh!!!! I have some serious water works goin on over here! Tears of joy of course! Laura, this touches my heart so much, as I know how you have longed to see some progress. PRAISE THE LORD! God, please continue to bless the Stoner family with hours of smiles!! Great pictures, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear (and see) how awesome Everett is doing. I have been thinking about him and wondering how he has been doing so your update couldn't have come at a better time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This totally brings tears to my eyes! He is precious and I am so happy for all of you. It is so amazing to really know that the Lord is active in our lives and that he is listening. Everett is lucky to have such faithful and devoted parents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tearing up as well! Thank you Lord for answering Laura's prayer so clearly and beautifully!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen him smile before, Laura! It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete