Tuesday, December 9, 2008

We're on-line

It's official - we're bloggers! This blog is being created as a way to keep our dear family and friends posted on the many adventures of the Stoner boys. As you know our lives forever changed with the birth of our little Everett and our journey this summer was quite unexpected. Since our last post on caringbridge much has changed. For starters we have ended our long house hunting search and moved into our new home this Fall. We absolutely LOVE our new home and anticipate many special memories being created in it. Jackson grew incredibly this summer and as he quickly approaches the big TWO we are noticing daily changes in his verbal and non-verbal communication. And Everett is quite honestly the happiest and easiest baby I've ever met. He is a joy all day and sleeps all night - what more can a mother ask for? Since being discharged from the hospital he's been in great overall health. There have been a few bumps in the road with illness and feedings, but fortunately we have some great doctors monitoring him constantly.

The most recent news we received regarding Everett's development was learning that his retinas never fully developed during my pregnancy and he likely is unable to see. Greg and I have noticed since birth that there was little to no visual contact, but still the official news left us questioning - "Why". There is no great explanation as to why or what caused this to happen and even the retina specialist was perplexed. It saddens us to know that he can not see us with his eyes, but you should see the way his face lights up when he hears our voice! So even though we still have lots of medical questions stirring through our minds - the reality is that we need to be Everett's eyes and through words and experiences we will share with him the beauty of the world around him.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, a blog so I have another way to keep in contact!!!! I know Everett not being able to see was a bump in the road for you guys. He will be able to see so much through your eyes. The way you write and describe things is beautiful. So I know he will have many wonderful expierences with you all. You are all such wonderfully beautiful people inside and out. You mean the world to us. I can hardly wait to see you!!! It is so close, until then hugs and kisses.
    Libby and all

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so thrilled to see this email from the Stoner Family - HAPPY HOLIDAYS !!! I am so happy to hear all is well with everyone...look forward to reading more updates on your family...please note you all are still in our thoughts and prayers daily. Hugs and Kisses to the Boys
    Love, Aimee, Matt & Kids

    ReplyDelete